Welcome to the GSBC-EIC - The Economics of Innovative Change
The Research Training Group...
- ... offers interdisciplinary education and research opportunities to currently 38 outstanding young graduates
- ...is integrated in a lively research environment
- ...and major technology centers
- Zeiss, Jenoptik, Intershop, Schott, BioInstrumente
- ... is located in Jena, the town of scientists, poets and philosophers.
... is funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG RTG 1411) and offers the opportunity to achieve a doctoral degree (PhD) in economics for excellent, top-level rated students. The program is designed for three years.
- During the first year students improve their basic theoretical knowledge and methodological competencies.
- In the second year students concentrate on their essential research activities.
- During the last year individual PhD projects are completed.
Every year, the program includes a summer school with lectures held by renowned international researchers. Within the last two years, a research visit at one of the partner universities abroad for about three months is recommended.
...include Advanced Microeconomics, Econometrics, Economic Dynamics, Entrepeneurship, Experimental Economics, Game Theory, Innovation and Trade, Innovation Systems...
- ...will benefit from close interaction of theoretical and empirical work,
- ...will apply complementary methodological approaches,
- ...will have an interest in quantitative and experimental methods.
Please subscribe to our email list
to get up-to-date information about seminars and lectures.
You can also subscribe to our calendar via ical