GSBC - EIC
Postdoctoral Researcher the DFG Research Training Group 1411/3 "The Economics of Innovative Change", a programme offered by the Friedrich Schiller University.
Bachstraße 18, room 005
Germany Tel. +49 3641-9 43279
Fax +49 3641-9 43202
- March 2015 - Present: Postdoctoral Researcher, Graduate College ‘The Economics of Innovative Change’
- June 2014 - August 2014: Visiting Researcher, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), Polytechnic University of Valencia, Valencia; Spain
- November 2011- November 2015: Ph.D, Graduate College ‘The Economics of Innovative Change’, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena and Max Planck Institute of Economics, Jena; Germany
- November 2010- May 2011: Course work, Research Methodology in Quantitative Economics Program 2010-2011, Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta; India
- 2008-2010: M.Sc. Applied Economics, Presidency College, Calcutta. Master dissertation entitled: " Ecolabeling and Product Differentiation in a Duopolistic Framework "
- 2005-2008: B.Sc. Economics (Honours) with Mathematics and Statistics as Pass papers; Asutosh College, Calcutta University; India
- Labor Economics
- Human Capital and Human Resource Management
- Industrial Organization
- Economics of Innovation
- Technological Change and Employment
- Knowledge Dynamics
- November 2014 - December 2015: Graduate Academy, Friedrich Schiller University Jena
- November 2011- October 2014: DFG 1411 (German Science Foundation) Doctoral scholarship at the Research Training Group “The Economics of Innovative Change”, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena.
- 2005-2008 Second prize for Merit, Asutosh College, Calcutta University.
- October 2010- September 2011: Research Assistant at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Finance and Control Department.
- June 2010- October 2010: Research Assosiate at Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta.
- SPSS, STATA, E-views, R (basic), HTML (Web Designing), LaTeX
- 6th IMPRS and GK-EIC Summer School, Jena, Germany
- 7th IMPRS and GK-EIC Summer School, Jena, Germany
- DRUID Academy Conference, Aalborg, Denmark (2015).
- 15th International Conference of the International Joseph A. Schumpeter Society (ISS), Jena, Germany (2014)
- DRUID: The 35 DRUID Celebration Conference, Barcelona, Spain (2013)
- EMAEE: 8th European Meeting on Applied Evolutionary Economics, Cote d’Azur, France (2013)
- Data Workshop, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark (2012, 2013)
- SEEK Workshop on Incentives and Innovations, ZEW Mannheim (2012)
- Jena Economic Research Workshop, Jena (2012, 2013)
- Roy I., Canter U. and Gerstlberger W. “Works councils, training activities and innovation: A study of German firms”, Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-006. Under review in Economic and Industrial Democracy
- Ali M., Roy I. and Cantner U. “Knowledge Spillovers through FDI and Trade: Moderating Role of Quality Adjusted Human Capital”, Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-014. Under review in Journal of Evolutionary Economics
- Roy I. “Role of Human Resource Practices in Absorptive Capacity and R&D Cooperation”. Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-018. Under review in Industrial and Corporate Change
- Roy I. and Consoli D. “Employment polarization in Germany: Role of Technology, Trade and Human Capital”, Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-017.